IRC | Subway. $3.7 Billion.



Three Things.

IRC. Subway. $3.7 Billion.

These are the noises on social media since I decided to enter the world of trading three months ago. A $3.7B project, for a newbie trader like me who has little knowledge on trading, is a good indication to say that a company's fundamentals are good... and 'gurus' are recommending it. 😁. So I bought.

I'll try to be accurate as much as I can with the details but as I am a freshie with a buy-and-pray tactics back then, I am also not doing trade journals. No trade plans. No Journals. Lakas tira. Lakas chamba lang. Also, at this point, I am a newbie, so you won't be seeing MAs and Darvas Boxes here yet.



Round 1

Day 1.
I think I bought at 1.68 because of two things - (1) it gapped up by 7%-ish (2) price is nearing breakout area at 1.73-1.76.

Day 2.
It went up. Happy kid. But a long engulfing red candle at EOD. Sad. I held.

Day 3-6.
A series of descending smaller candles. I held.

Then I'm guessing that one of the other stocks that I am holding back then showed signs of a stronger movement. So...



Day 7.
I sold at 1.72?? WTF? - yes, I am also shocked by the fact that I sold at just almost a break even price when clearly the candle that day shows that I could've gained more and did another breakout of resistance. You may ask why - I can't even remember exactly why I did that. I'm confused. Looking at the chart, I have a strong feeling that I sold this at the open and transferred my money onto the faster moving stock.

Wow. I feel so dumb now about this trade. I have a feeling I'll be having more of these WTF moments when I journal more of my past trades. 😆 (So... this is the power of journal-ing your trades eh?)

Comments