A Fork On The Road



I started active trading last August 2018. Self-studied some basics. Bought a book - The Trading Code. Learned some more. Watched youtube tutorials. Read trader blogs. At first I was in this for the long term, but then I got to try active trading. I got hooked. I've followed many known people in trading community to get free recos from them. I have a day job so I won't be able to monitor the market all the time. I planned to joined a subscription group. These are the people or group that gives stock recommendation in exchange for a fee. Then you are the followers who buy and sell when the 'guru' say so. I've researched most of them. Truly Rich Club, Tsupitero, Tamad Tips, etc.

Finally, I joined and subscribed to this certain group. They use mainly Fundamentals on their long term picks, Price-Volume Distribution and Top 10 Buyers and Sellers among others for short term. I followed their recos. Gains at first. But as soon as the PSEI dove. My port turned red. I averaged down as per their 'buy-below-price'. Deeper and deeper. Until it hit me. "May mali eh". This is not working. We don't know when we will hit the bottom. And then someone complained in the group about his loss getting bigger and bigger because of their recos and buy below price. The gurus lack risk management reminder. Caveat they always say. The subscriber lacked due diligence. And then I realized I am just another blind follower of this group. Their reason that 'these are blue chips and will eventually go up no matter what' is the gray area for me. Yes they will eventually go up, but the big question is when? And not all people are willing to let their money sleep while they can maximize the time to make gains if only they know what to do.

For me, their strategy to buy and buy even the stock is down is not profitable and not maximizing your capital. Why not wait for it to bottom first, wait for it to establish a support, then a confirmation or sign of reversal, then do a test buy Those are the initial steps that I thought of following myself.

I started to move away from that group. A waste of a one-year subscription. But learning from that mistake kinda makes it up. I've stopped averaging down and started cutting my positions whenever prices went up. I managed to break even on some but had to cut a great loss at one stock.

Then I was also following recos of certain someone para sa day trading ko. He do daily vlogs before the market opens. I followed some of his recos. I've gained some. I've loss much. Although in fairness to him, he always reminded newbies to never trade high risk or high volatile stocks. I've done some trades that got me burned big time. BCOR and STR to name a few. Those are the two big losers in my port. I can’t say I got burned big time as figures are subjective. But for a newbie, 75k+ actual loss in one month is alarming.

In search for a better option, I found this certain person that led me to know this certain group. This group was kinda mysterious. Ala Ge'nei Ryodan (Hunter X Hunter). From reading their stories, they have a 'certain' requirement and challenges to get in. I've read a few of their blogs. Their story. Their trades. Their port snaps. And something finally made sense. Somehow questions are answered. Confusions are cleared. Then I've decided to follow this group. Follow their process even though they don't disclose that much of it in public. They give hints. Teasers. And from those hints, somehow they challenge people to dissect it and use whatever knowledge you can juice from it to be a better trader. And they did. It challenged me. They made me believe that if these people can survive and beat the market by themselves, I can also do it.

And from that day I decided that if ever this group would open their gates to admit people from the outside to their inner circle, I'll be there. Because as they say it -


Comments