Learning From Losses | DNA





"Ingat kayo sa STR. DNA niyan buhusan after breakout."


I didn't listen. For me I was trading a clean breakout.

STR broke out the previous day and I was watching it the next day. It opened on previous close and started to go up and up. I chased the price and entered at 8.15, 8.17 and 8.21. Then it stayed there. I thought it was just exhausted and was getting ready again to rally up.

15 minutes later. It broke down on the minutes chart. A good long red candle appeared.

What the hell happened? Is this a glitch? I was trying to sell my shares in fear of the price even going lower. But I wasn't able to. For some reason chart was frozen. Bid/Ask board was frozen.



I checked Investa social and there I found out that STR was halted from trading. That explained why everything was not moving at that time. Then after 5 minutes, trading resumed. It was a panic. Everyone was trying to get out. I was hoping for the price to go back up to at least give me a break even or a small loss. But it didn't. It went lower and lower. Until I finally decided to sell my position at 7.50 at an -8% loss.

"Ingat kayo sa STR. DNA niyan buhusan after breakout."


I didn't listen. For me I was trading a clean breakout.

But turned out it was a fakeout. It was clearly in STR's DNA to give fakeouts, if I have just checked the charts. Sell down immediately after breakouts. I should've listened. I should've checked and verify the facts. The chart has always been there. We're free to look at it and study it. Yet sometimes we are so caught in the moment that we forget to look into the past.


Comments