Book of Charts - $HOUSE, $HLCM & $GSMI

Book of Charts is my compilation of screenshots of good setups that I may have spotted or traded so that I get to familiarized myself with these setups.



As mentioned on my Q2 review, here are three of my few winners over the last six months. Gains are not much, but I am here to dissect and review my trades and find rooms for improvement. I'll use questions from Mesino's dissection guide for this three trades.

$GSMI

  1. Why was this included in my watchlist at that time?
    • I was stalking this stock since before that first breakout at 33.00 which would be both a MYH and a 52WH breakout. But I both missed the initial breakout and a second breakout because it happened during the morning session which I don't trade because of my place's time difference with Philippines'. In short, I was still  asleep when the first two breakouts happened. I didn't bother chasing them. I waited for my EOD opportunity.
  2. What were the convictions/probability stacks to bump it up my watchlist/priority list?
    • Stock was in AOTS in daily and weekly chart.
    • First two breakouts were strong enough to sustain the price up until EOD.
  3. Reasons for buying? Where could my stops have been placed?
    • RFB: Breakout of DB and new 52WH. Bounce from 20MA.
    • SL: close below breakout point.
  4. Reasons for holding? Any signs of strength or weakness? Price action? Where could my stops have been adjusted?
    • RFH: Good continuation of the breakout.
    • Signs of strength: Pierced another MYH resistance at 49.00. RSI stayed above 70.
    • Trail stops: close below new DBs or 20MA
  5. Reason for selling?
    • RFS: DB breakdown with more than -5% loss in one day.
  6. What works and what doesn't?
    • Didn't stop stalking the stock even if I already missed two breakouts and was already 'late for the party'.
    • To compensate my late entry, I reduced my intended position size to reduced risk.
    • Buying up on strength allowed me to complete my intended position size of 25% port allocation.
    • My exit was bad. Shaving a third of my gain. This can be improved. I could've done a better exit. I could've sold half my position during early intraday when it broke down past 60.00 and sold the other half near EOD at 58.00.

GSMI - Daily



$HLCM

  1. Why was this included in my watchlist at that time?
    • This stock made a significant rally after a successful ZS. I don't trade reversals for now so I stalked the stock during its consolidation.
  2. What were the convictions/probability stacks to bump it up my watchlist/priority list?
    • Stock was in AOTS in daily and about to form ZS on weekly chart.
    • ZS breakout were strong enough to push the price 50% up.
  3. Reasons for buying? Where could my stops have been placed?
    • RFB: Breakout of DB and new 52WH. Trailing at 20MA.
    • SL: close below breakout point.
  4. Reasons for holding? Any signs of strength or weakness? Price action? Where could my stops have been adjusted?
    • RFH: Created a new DB and previous DB top held as support.
    • Signs of strength: RSI stayed above 70.
    • Trail stops: close below new DBs or 20MA
  5. Reason for selling?
    • RFS: Sold half. Candle stop and whole number breakdown (15.00) after the gap up candle.
    • RFS: Sold all. Closed below 20MA.
  6. What works and what doesn't?
    • I didn't managed to maximized the gains because of improper position sizing.
    • Buying up on strength allowed me to add to my intended position but didn't reached 25% intended position size.
    • On hindsight, I could've sold half at the first red candle after the gap and sold at the second red candle when RSI 70 didn't hold.
HLCM - Daily




$HOUSE

  1. Why was this included in my watchlist at that time?
    • OLD PORT - This stock was in consolidation and is right at its MYH resistance at 8.50 - 8.90.
    • NEW PORT - After breaking MYH resistance, ATH resisted and the stock consolidated. Looking to enter at break of ATH
  2. What were the convictions/probability stacks to bump it up my watchlist/priority list?
    • Stock was in AOTS in daily and weekly chart.
    • ATH play.
  3. Reasons for buying? Where could my stops have been placed?
    • RFB: Breakout of DB and MYH/ATH resistance.
    • SL: close below breakout point.
  4. Reasons for holding? Any signs of strength or weakness? Price action? Where could my stops have been adjusted?
    • RFH: Created a new DBs and previous DB top held as support. Trailing on 20MA.
    • Signs of weakness: Bearish divergence on RSI
    • Trail stops: close below new DBs or 20MA
  5. Reason for selling?
    • RFS: Sold half at closed below 20MA.
    • RFS: Sold all at closed below DB bottom.
  6. What works and what doesn't?
    • Patiently waiting for that ATH breakout is super worth it.
    • Buying up on strength allowed me to complete my intended position size of 25% port allocation and later on scaled up to almost 50% of port allocation.
    • I can consider my exit better than the first two stocks above. Didn't sell all my position at close below 20MA as DB is still valid. Waited for a close below DB bottom before closing my position.





Comments

Post a Comment