Game Face On!


A few weeks ago, I didn't cut it in his mentorship class. I was devastated. I had confidence that I'd make it among the seven. I made hasty changes in preparation to the class. I didn't sign up on the review classes for my licensure examination for they'll be falling on same time schedule. I booked flights for my wife and kid. I'm sending them home indefinitely for me to be able to fully focus on the class because my wife and I understood what it takes. That I'll be needing full attention for this matter and that the lessons are that important for us to sacrifice being together in exchange of making way on reaching our life goals. It was my last chance before the group's lockdown for the first half of 2019. A last chance lost. But a battle lost doesn't mean that I already lost the war. We're in a ring, my big goal and I. I might have taken a blow and lost a fleet of my ships or two. But we're in a fight. And I'm still standing. My hands are still up. My axe on my one side and my shield on the other.



"Game face on!" he said.


I sent a message to him. Thanking him for the opportunity. And mentioned that I'll just self-study for now until they open again their doors for the public. As a consolation, he told me that I made it in the 13 that was shortlisted. And was given a task - find a system that would match my lifestyle.

"Bigyan na lang kita ng task. Find a system that would match your lifestyle. Tapos defend mo sakin kung bakit ayun napili mo. It has to be readable in 2 minutes. Deadline is 2 weeks from now."

Game face on, indeed!









Comments

Post a Comment